Our Code of Ethics
- Present vehicles honestly and disclose all important facts about the vehicle
- Ensure that consumers have an accurate understanding of the products and services offered
- Ensure there are no prior loans outstanding on the vehicle
- Deliver on all promises
- Deal with justifiable complaints promptly
- Contribute to a Consumer Compensation Fund for the protection of the consumer
Buying Private vs. Dealer
Why Buy Used?
It's true what they say: When you buy a new car, it starts to depreciate the moment you drive off the lot. While all vehicles depreciate, UCDA studies show that three to five-year-old vehicles have already undergone most of their depreciation.
Many people believe that buying a vehicle from a private seller will save them money. But is this true?
- With a private seller, you lose the 13% trade-in tax savings.
- Private sellers often determine their asking price by first checking out what dealers are asking for a similar vehicle. They're sold 'as is' and it's 'buyer beware'.
- Private vehicle sales offer no guarantees. The buyer often has no recourse if the vehicle shows signs of significant problems, even days later.
- There is nothing holding a private seller to revealing their car's history. Most sellers will say that they took really good care of the vehicle.
- There are hidden costs such as an expensive certification and emissions testing that the seller may not be willing to pay for.
Buying from a UCDA Member
- This UCDA member ensures you get the 13% trade-in tax savings.
- Titanium Auto has access to financing programs, and can offer trade-in options which can make your used car purchase more affordable.
- Titanium Auto offers 3-months powertrain warranties and after-sale service for used vehicles. Consumers also have access to a Compensation Fund for their protection.
- Titanium Auto guarantees that the vehicles they sell aren't stolen and don't have any liens against them. We also supply you with all known material facts about the vehicle, such as previous accidents via Carfax
- When we buy a car to resell, we thoroughly inspect and refurbish it - both mechanically and cosmetically. That usually accounts for most of any difference in cost between buying privately and from a dealer.
Buying a Used Car from Titanium Auto
Our Carfax dealer members offer Carfax reports on their used car inventory and would be more than happy to show you the vehicle history report for the car you're interested in.
Why Buy a Report?
Carfax is a Canadian provider of vehicle history reports—a critical tool when you're buying or selling a used vehicle. A Carfax report establishes trust and transparency between a used car buyer and a used car seller by removing the guesswork about a vehicle's past—replacing it with impartial, accurate and real-time data.
Carfax's Vehicle History Reports include:
- Real-time data. Live, real-time data sources provide you with up-to-the-minute information from provincial governments, private and public insurance agencies and many other providers.
- Lien details. Carfax is the only service that offers cross-Canada lien and/or security interest information.
- Accident data. Learn whether the vehicle has been in an accident, what type of incident occurred and the amount of damage.
- Registration and branding. Discover which provinces the vehicle was registered in and whether the car has been negatively branded.
- Full Canadian and U.S. history. See a complete picture of any vehicle history from across Canada, as well as the U.S.
- Bilingual information. Carfax's website, vehicle history reports and customer service is available French and English.
Buying a Used Vehicle
When you're buying a used vehicle, Carfax gives you full insight into what's happened to a vehicle over its lifetime. You can feel confident that you know the full details about a vehicle and can make the purchase with complete peace of mind.
Buying a Used Car from a Dealer
This Carfax dealer offers Carfax reports on their used car showroom and would be more than happy to show you the vehicle history report for the car you're interested in.
Carfax & Titanium Auto Give You the Information You Need.